Tuesday 25 December 2018

Back "home"

We are back in Tai Tapu, recovering from the driving..but no other way to soak it all in.
A quiet Christmas with bike riding and without the over consumption..but with a very good bottle of local wine for tonight!!
We have a month to salvage some sort of fitness for the NZ Masters Games..the 30th..in Whanganui..and a month after that for the pirate to build up to the 4 day Tour of the Northland. (He has ridden that before)..

A short ride..35km.. before it got too warm today.

7 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Merry Christmas

Avus said...

My God! You two look fit - puts me to shame, But I will have a short toddle round on the ebike before we go off to my son's for lunch.

Happy Christmas to you and the Pirate. Enjoy "UnZud"!

Barbara Rogers said...

Hope you enjoy your Christmas wine!

Zhoen said...

Happy Solstice! The other one, of course.

Catalyst said...

Gadfrey! I thought this was just a short va-cay. Looks like more of an exploratory trip plotting for retirement. I get the feeling (here I go again) that the Pirate may hail from that part of the world and Scotland is only because he met and fell for a lassie. Now you may set me straight. Again.

Jenny Woolf said...

The idea of being able to cycle beneath green trees is very appealing. 35 KM sounds quite nice. You certainly both look up for the big ride, and I hope you enjoy it! Happy Christmas!

gz said...

No Cat, Pirate is originally from Kent...but moved to Scotland for work many years ago.. Which is where we met, through cycling.(I was living in Wales) We'd love to move here but we are too old by many years to think of that...so we come for as long as we can afford..and the most we are allowed is six months.