Saturday 4 April 2020

Baking!!cards

100% Spelt bread (using my regular Rye sourdough starter) which took a day longer than expected to rise... well it is still chilly!
A beetroot and cacao cake using the Cranks cookbook recipe, a"pepper" cake...no actual pepper, but really an old fashioned ginger cake recipe that I had saved decades ago! It needs a few days to mature..then it is good with cheese.
And at the front a sort of granola bar with a bit of flour, not just oats, and peanut butter. Pirate likes them..I find them too peanutty and a little crumbly...work needed on the recipe which if I remember rightly is on the downsizer.net forum's recipe base, which I think anyone can access.

I have restocked the Etsy shop again..I was disappointed that the system hadn't kept the revised postage prices on the linocut cards packet..I checked after doing it, should have double checked.
More cards put in now, with dog drawings, and a set of bird drawings. 
I have shared them on fb, and will take photos for Instagram after lunch.
Drip feed stock on is the best idea...

Hopefully people will get the idea of keeping in touch by card and letter?

8 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I love your cards, though I am ashamed to say I haven't sent a real letter in ages. E-mail has taken over! It's a shame, really.

Catalyst said...

Steve is correct. The art of good letter writing seems to have left us.

Jenny Woolf said...

I have the Cranks cookbook too, so will take a look for that cake. I like their carrot cake recipe very much. I usually reduce the amount of sugar though.

Joanne Noragon said...

I love to have cards to send a note.

Fresca said...

(o)

yeractual said...

I like to sound of that Ginger Cake thingy! Sounds yummy!

Michèle Hastings said...

I too hope that people will start sending mail. There are a lot of senior citizens that don't use e-mail. I saw your cards on FB, they are beautiful as usual!

Maria said...

I would be very interested to see the old fashioned ginger cake recipe, if you'd be happy to share it with us.