Friday 24 April 2020

Jobs well done

 The roof mending is finished, thankfully. I really need metal sheeting on it...but that will wait until we can get somebody else to do it!!
 Today's excitement.....a fire engine... stopping at nextdoor but one....
It seems that a gull had investigated the cables on the solar panels..had a shocking experience....flapped to the ridge..and died!!
Electricity 1 Bird 0

The fireman wouldn't touch it as it was dead. If I remember rightly the bird rescue charity won't touch gulls without leather gauntlets as Salmonella is endemic in the population!!
I repotted a small tree in a tub today..it was being strangled by some geraniums...I tried to draw a sprig....not easy!

1 comment:

Zhoen said...

Very nice shed.

I think Japanese artists do ferns and twigs the best, both the form of the thing and the depiction of the thing do a number on our eyes and brain's perceptions.