Wednesday 20 May 2020

Freezing

Amy asked if I freeze what I have baked..yes!
I kept out one of the small banana and date cakes. The long gingerbread, a third went to a neighbour who gives us eggs and a third to the freezer.
I made two chestnut mushroom and leek savoury loaves, and these divided into ten portions...eight for the freezer, two for last night's supper.

Every time I make a curry or soup it is a large panfull...two portions to eat then and the rest frozen in portions. 
It sounds very organised, but it isn't really...just a backup for when inspiration and energy is low...and a more economical way of cooking.
I would prefer to bottle(can) food rather than freezing...no ongoing power bill and no food loss when a power cut happens.
But you go with what is possible with what you have.

1 comment:

Fresca said...

Wise words:
"go with what is possible with what you have."