Tuesday 27 April 2021

Garden progress



 The seedlings look better for having had bubble wrap over them overnight...memories of losing plants when we first got the polytunnel...

And Pirate has finished the sides of the bed by the polytunnel.

Broad beans and parsnips are ready to go in, and I will put black, light , weed suppressing membrane over the rest to keep it weed free and warm ready for peas beans and sweetcorn.

Today is cold wet and windy, so today I will get on with my mended laptop and install photos and suchlike so that hopefully I can print the rear of the linoprinted cards.

There are a couple of new designs brewing in my mind as well...

Meanwhile Pirate is sorting the warmer indoor homeroom instead of a cold shed!!

8 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Seedlings are looking good!

The Weaver of Grass said...

I could do with a Pirate for a bit of heavier gardening - you don't hire him out by any chance?

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I started my seeds too early and it is not time to put them in the ground yet. Like you, I have them in portable tunnels now and have my fingers crossed that half will make it, Gardening can be very satisfying or very discouraging.
Good luck with yours.

Joanne Noragon said...

Spring is a hard time coming for you.

Zhoen said...

A day to be indoors, and creative.

Susan Heather said...

Your garden is looking very impressive.

kjsutcliffe said...

Progress indeed :) I know we are a little more south that you, but where I work, I removed the black fleece a week or so ago and the soil was warm and dry (not parched but not the usual northern soggy) and it felt really good planting out - then we had that cold spell so all my veg plantlings were very quickly tucked up with the white fleece - they have fortunately survived (I was rather worried about them I have to admit) I have been away from the garden for a few days and am back tomorrow - hope the other staff have done as they have promised with tucking them up and checking on them!

gz said...

Weave we do some garden work...but I think you are a bit far for us to travel!!