Friday 30 April 2021

Busy as ever!

 Yesterday we had an early start and headed for Dundee again, not quite missing the traffic congestion through Glasgow.

Showers were forecast, but we didn't expect a hail shower as we were unpacking our bikes!

Thus time I rode the track session, just steady riding for me for about 45 minutes, then the hail started again! The other three ride a little faster most of the time and longer. Then a takeaway cuppa..and the craic lasted as long as the riding!

We decided not to come straight back down the main roads, and had a little detour round small roads and lanes, via Cupar Angus and coming into Perth at Scone.

Down the main road nearly to Stirling, then across via Doune to Fintry. There we had intended going over the Crow Road to Lennoxtown to see a friend in his bikeshop...road closed for three weeks..so we had to go around the end of the big hill not over it! But....road closed signs....but again...traffic coming towards us..ok, carry on....

We weren't supposed to go that way....a quarter of the width of the road had been washed out ! It was safe enough to go through.

Fresh coffee and biscuits were very welcome when we arrived...and more talk and buying tyres for me passed the time to avoid the evening rush hour!

With more long driving coming in the future I need to get back in practice to stay safe...we were both well tired...but it was good to see the landscape for real and to see friends too.


Today was a late start..catch up on housework after yesterday, and get plants out in the new bed at last...just broad beans and parsnip, and thinking where the beans and peas will go.







I managed to finish a small linoblock...of a sunset...

And then we had a magenta and peach sunset....not that this tablet sees it as that!





7 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Funny you should say that. I try to keep my driving skills up, keep my hand in.

smartcat said...

((o))

Fresca said...

The lino blocks themselves are so attractive!

Steve Reed said...

Your seedlings are looking good!

The Weaver of Grass said...

As my grand daughter and her family live in Glasgow it is always lovely to hear anything about the area, so thank you.

Zhoen said...

(o)

The bike shed said...

Is there a track at Dundee? I never knew that if there is. Which reminds me, I have a brand new set of track wheels to sell on ebay...