Friday 16 April 2021

Gardening day

 Today we went to the Bridge of Weir to help a newbie gardener...his late wife was The Gardener and he had always been the wielder of secateurs and lawnmowers....now on his own, with the new greenhouse that they bought together, he is determined to learn!!

I took over some seedlings and divisions and he had started tomatoes from seed. He is having fun discovering different sorts of pots...plastic, coir, clay...and above all he is willing to make mistakes and learn.

It was a day of tidying shrubberies, clearing up pruned bits and path cleaning....and talking.

Such a lovely day I forgot to photograph his lovely garden, but we will be back in a couple of weeks.

We could have done with a day in our own garden, but this was worth far more.

Hopefully tomorrow Pirate can finish what he started......


And I can get more seeds sown....


I don't know if you will be able to hear this....but at dusk I went out to shut the greenhouse, and a thrush was really going for it... until I pressed record.....




1 comment:

Maria said...

Song thrushes always sound so lovely!! also, it's always the way - they sing and sing until I try to record them :-)