Thursday 20 May 2021

Next blog

 I know I have asked this before...there used to be a click button on the top bar called Next Blog where you could wander around the blogosphere, finding fellow bloggers to talk to and read....

I know that has gone...but there was something elsewhere , where you could click on that and find other blogs on a specific subject.....


Otherwise I can carry on wandering though other peoples' bloglists!

The things you think of on another rainy day....the planned outing to Dundee cancelled due to whiny grindy wheelbearing noises from the car...


Never mind...plenty to do here!

6 comments:

smartcat said...

I loved the 'next blog' button. I'm pretty sure it's how I found yours.

The Weaver of Grass said...

If the weather is anything like it is here you are missing nothing by staying inside.

The bike shed said...

Yep - both gone, along with the much-missed Google reader. The blogger-bzz blog is effectively dead as well. Perhaps we bloggers are dinosaurs!

Bag End Gardener said...

Bike Shed is right - Google/Blooger wants users who make money for them and "old fashioned" bloggers like us do not fit that demographic.

The 'next blog' gadget went years ago. I find nice new folk when I see a comment on someone elses blog that looks like something I might have written (🤪😁) and click through to see who that person is. I think that is how I found you . . .

Steve Reed said...

I do remember when Google did away with the "Next Blog" button. In all honesty, for me it usually turned up people selling nutritional supplements in India.

Chris Farnell said...

Keep on blogging! Thanks for sharing.