Saturday 9 October 2021

One step in the right direction

 As Pirate had his flu jag and his covid booster jag....I had a morning out in Ayr to deliver pots and prints to a new group exhibition at 1517.

It's a new group, and mostly  fine art, but wood and clay sculpture, silver jewellery and my pots and prints. 

It is in the building at 15/17 High Street in Ayr , that used to hold  the late British Home Stores...and now has quite a few different traders in clothes and household items...and a large space that is now the gallery. Let's hope the building manager will keep us on!

While waiting for one of the exhibition organisers to arrive it was nice to have a wander around with nothing particular to do.




This afternoon as Pirate had his siesta I attempted to find my way around the computer programmes to print my business cards...mega fail!! 

I emailed my brother.... hopefully he will point me in the right direction!

As dusk came on we went for a walk around from the village, past two derelict mills, Zwartble sheep and a stud with lots of beautiful horses. At last the grey clouds lifted a little, enough to see the sunset in muted oranges and pinks.

7 comments:

Tom Stephenson said...

I think I have left it as long as I can to ask you what "OOK?!" is all about.

Joanne Noragon said...

Best wishes for the show, and for the discovery of the card program.

Amy said...

Most important to keep those jabs up to date, nicely done.

gz said...

Tom,it how the Librarian comments in the Unseen University.on Discworld.

Tom Stephenson said...

Ah, I see. Never got into Discworld.

smartcat said...

I thought that’s what OOK was. Toes crossed for an excellent show.

kjsutcliffe said...

Have you tried 'Canva' - it is a free programme that you can design your cards on (I have used it several times) and either print them yourself or send them to some one like vistaprint or instaprint.

https://www.canva.com/