Wednesday 12 July 2023

July garden

 July garden has gone from being hot and slow to wet and green!

I am not sure how much of the fairly heavy rain is going to the water table, but at least our garden waterbutts are full.













I lifted the garlic, as the tops had been knocked over in the first rains a couple of weeks ago and hadn't dried out. The tops would have had to come off anyway as yet again this year they picked up garlic rust..but not so badly.

The leeks that we finished eating a few weeks ago picked up very little rust from the previous year's garlic, as I put a light cover over them. 

The rust on onions is different..I had assumed that all alliums would get the same one.

Pirate's progress is slow..but heading in the right direction. We won't find out if the treatment has been successful for a while yet. 

Seeing the garden progressing makes him happy, as does doing the garden bring me satisfaction and distraction!

12 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

There's nothing like a spot of gardening to bring the mind back to some sort of equilibrium, as I discovered when looking after my mother. We haven't had much of that heavy rain down here - at least it hasn't lasted long when it did rain heavily. It made everything wet but hasn't penetrated the soil to any degree.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Isn't it good to see such greenery after the long spell without rain? I guess the long dry spell encourages things like rust though doesn't it. Hope the news about Pirate is good.

smartcat said...

((o))

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Gardening is very good for the soul. You have lots in that greenhouse! I do hope that the treatment is going well. Waiting is difficult. -Jenn

Catalyst said...

I am jealous of your garden (as you might be able to tell from my most recent blog post). But I'm still continuing to send good vibes to the Pirate.

Joanne Noragon said...

Looking good, and happy on all fronts.

Fresca said...

Lush!

Steve Reed said...

Everything is looking good! So much green! (We're getting rain here too and I'm loving it!)

Susan Heather said...

That's impressive. Everything looks so healthy with no blight or bugs. Gardening is so good for the soul (and body). Good wishes to Pirate.

Aimz said...

I hope pirate's treatment has the result you're looking for. Seems like you've got everything well set out in the garden.

J. S. Vila said...

To have this joyable Green garden is incredible. In a city in Mallorca we cant do It. And naturally It is so work daily. But sure you have a lot of satisfacción.

Have a nice and great summer.

Zhoen said...

(o)