Tuesday 1 August 2023

Bad Manners....and beginning an adventure

 I took a parcel to post yesterday and went by bus to the next village.

Posting went ok....then I walked to the pharmacy....along the pavement.

At one point there was a large puddle over a third of the road.

White van men, lorry drivers, car drivers managed not to soak me.

A gap in the traffic flow..a quick dash...and the next car accelerated and drove closer to make sure I was soaked from head to foot...illegal...but who will catch them? Thanks be for waxed jackets.

Daughter and family arrived for supper...later than planned, as you can't just drive past Hadrian's Wall!!

Then I was mum-napped...instead of them picking me up on the way to Glasgow, making a detour...back with them to where they are staying in a steading converted to self contained units, in the "middle of nowhere"!

They are staying half a week here..but a week would have cost £700...for a three bedroom, bathroom plus one ensuite, huge lounge and kitchen, all mod cons in the middle of beautiful countryside.

Compare that to one room with bathroom in a motel...twice that at least for a week!

And this is the morning view from the living room window



5 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

My village is famous for its puddly roads. I usually take my big umbrella with me and use that as a shield against the flying water, though I must say that most motorists are very considerate. Enjoy your adventure!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yeah, the price of accommodation has become almost prohibitive, particularly since COVID had everyone staycationing. The same is true for campsites, too. Just ridiculous. This place looks lovely. Glad you got to spend some quality time. YAM xx

The Weaver of Grass said...

You can't beat the lovely open countryside. Weaver

Steve Reed said...

Well, that was a pretty evil thing for that driver to do! A teenager, I'm guessing.

gz said...

Steve no...middle aged bloke..I spotted that much..pity I didn't get the numberplate...