Monday 7 August 2023

Jungly garden

 This was last week..just catching up on myself now!


I think four squash plants may have been too many...butt they are growing twice as much as last year!












It looks like we may be getting some warmer weather..that will certainly help the garden! It will certainly finish drying off these shallots.

I hope to sow seeds where the shallots and garlic have been, tomorrow.

I have bought phacaelia seeds for green manure, but I can leave sowing them until September, and that will hopefully make ground cover over the winter and be dug in in the Spring.

10 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

There will be some produce here!

Susan Heather said...

It all looks very healthy. Well done.

northsider said...

I have grown mustard for a green manure. Its supposed to be good for eradicating wireworm especially in old pasture. It's a Brassica so you have to be careful with crop rotation. I just strimmed it down and dug it in.

Steve Reed said...

Well, too many squash is a nice problem to have! I'm looking forward to seeing whether your lupin seedlings make it to maturity. :)

Red said...

Looks like things are doing well. There's nothing like fresh produce right out of the ground.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

It's been a crazy summer, but the plants seem to just get on with growing whatever the weather. Here's to a bumper harvest!

John Going Gently said...

I need you for the veg section in my flower show x

gz said...

John GG I did enjoy entering the fruit and veg in the village show in Garn Dolbenmaen

Jenny Woolf said...

A friend gave me some phacaelia plants last year once transplanted it spread well and was rather pretty I thought. But when I came to dig it in this year, there was nothing to be seen! Admittedly, I hadn't been keeping much of an eye on it but still, I was slightly surprised. I wonder what I did wrong.

gz said...

Possibly Jenny the winter was harder than usual? I think phacaelia is an annual