Saturday 14 October 2023

Tidying..in and out...

Catching up has been the order of the past couple of days ...sending off sales..5 sold while we were away, 3 more as I sat down to do the paperwork on them! Now the packing in the study needs a bit of a sort out.

Two loads of washing...all dried and ironing done.

I've just moved all the tender plants in from the greenhouse, and cleared out the tomatoes and cucumber plants. 

I have more green tomatoes than I expected...and a dozen smaller cucumbers that were lurking!! All the Crown Prince Squash are on the greenhouse staging.

I haven't touched the butternut squash, there is just one really good one in the greenhouse and a few small ones in the outdoor bed. They obviously need to be started far earlier, even those designed to crop over a shorter season.

The root crops are looking interesting...but we will see if the carrot root fly and slugs have left us anything!!

We had heavy hail showers this morning and there has been snow on mountains further north which gave me incentive when the sun shone this afternoon!!

I wanted to fit in a walk today, but the way the weather was going it was better to go as far as the garden and no further!!

And now himself is about to raise his blood pressure....Ireland Vs the All Blacks rugby world cup on TV !!

11 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Watching the game here as well 🙂

JayCee said...

We had hail here too at lunchtime. It got pretty darned cold too.

Joanne Noragon said...

A decent day, all in all.

Catalyst said...

We had roasted butternut squash for dinner last night. But it came from a supermarket. Sorry.

Fresca said...

Ironing??? I’m impressed!

Red said...

You've got a great vegetable harvest. I love vegetable gardening.

gz said...

Cat until my growing technique improves, most of our squashes will be shop bought too!

YP any self respecting burglar would look at the guggle of things here and reckon that someone else had "done" the job already....

smartcat said...

((o))

Steve Reed said...

It's 38ºF here this morning, so I can only imagine how chilly it must be up your way. I think we have a few weeks before I have to move in plants, but that time will come soon enough.

Amy said...

I saw the game here, the last 10 minutes of it was nail biting. Good game though.

Jenny Woolf said...

That sounds like a pretty busy day, and probably rather a satisfying one. I like doing those kind of tasks, they always give me a sense of achievement.