Monday 4 March 2024

Home and Away... Friday and Saturday

 As soon as I had got Pirate home on Friday..which, as ever, took longer than expected to extricate him from hospital..our Friend from Fife was there.

A quick lunch and I was away, leaving the Two Musketeers to get on with it!

My destination was the Scottish Police College on the edge of Kincardine ( yes, the Fifer went to Ayrshire and I went to the Kingdom of Fife!!) , called Tulliallan..search the name for the history, quite interesting.

There I was attending the Scottish Potters Spring Gathering.

We had three rooms for demonstrations of their work, by Hannah McAndrew and Doug Fitch from Dumfries and Galloway...and their children Pippin and Fred. Mark Smith from middle England, and in the third, Jim Robison..originally from Independance..the same town as President Truman, but for just over fifty years has been in England...and for most of  these has lived in Holmfirth, the town of "Last of the Summer Wine" TV series. 

Introductions and slides on Friday evening, then coffee, tea and chat in the lounge as the sun set.


There was Wi-fi...but a real bother to access, so most of us didn't bother.

Two days without the internet? No bother..and not a lot of phone signal either..bliss! I kept Pirate happy with texts every now and then...he was missing me already!!

On the Saturday I stayed with Mark Smith's demonstration as I had never seen his work. 












After dinner...a ceilidh!! But don't ask me to dance.. I enjoy the music and watching others dance!




7 comments:

JayCee said...

What a great weekend - doing something you really enjoy. It sounds as though Pirate was well occupied too with his pal.

kjsutcliffe said...

Wow - what a lovely weekend - so much to see and be inspired by :)

Tom said...

...I love the fish!

Susan said...

Your weekend sounds fabulous. Exploring and sharing talents and expertise with other potters inspires creativity. Do you plan on creating a new line of pottery?

jabblog said...

It sounds great. Always good to learn from others.

Katerinas Blog said...

Very interesting weekend.. Be with people who share a common passion. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! I always think I am keeping up on blogs. I have missed a large batch of your posts. It looks like a marvelous time!