Wednesday 6 March 2024

Sunshine

 Not a lot got done today..but Pirate was feeling better.

Life is now interval training...activity....nap... activity..nap. It is working!

To the doctor in the afternoon to sort out a few niggles...he was on heart meds in the hospital... slightly raised blood pressure with all that was going on, plus a good dose of White Coat Syndrome....and they forgot to send him out with any to take. They are not things to stop suddenly...

I checked them..they may lower BP..but they also cause swollen feet and ankles... looks like he will be back to the surgery as they have done that in the hospital...   Why can't this be simple?!

We just need a break so that he can simply get better...two weeks down, ten to go....


The sun and breeze helped though..and not just to dry the washing!


A late afternoon trip into town as we missed the local post...and to buy some well reduced items to make a quick supper!

15 comments:

Catalyst said...

I've been absent. Sorry. All good vibes still coming to both of you.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes, getting meds after surgery is a trial. My friend had limited supply of pain meds, which is a big problem here (misuse, overdoses etc.) But it made a huge difference between when she took one and how she was suffering before. Of course, that's what they're designed for. Heart and blood pressure meds are more of a cocktail (at least in my case) and the Dr. doesn't want me to ever stop taking any of them. I guess it's keeping me alive. Glad to hear of recovery of your dear Pirate coming along with lots of movement then rest, a good cycle.

Debby said...

What is ten weeks? Have I missed something?

gz said...

Debby twelve weeks in total recovery before he can gently start doing Normal Things...like riding his bike, starting on the turbo..and lifting anything heavier than a kettle...
Walking is slowly increasing.

jabblog said...

There's a certain lack of joined-up thinking in the NHS. Patients really shouldn't have to do the follow-up work . . . or the research.
Steady progress is good.

gz said...

Jabblog too many people accept treatment blindly, not even wanting to understand

Fresca said...

“Why can’t this be simple?”
I hear that!!!

Damselfly said...

Glad to hear Pirate's feeling better and you're having sunshine!
Hope Pirate's meds are sorted and all is well.

angela said...

It’s never simple. Hopefully you’ll get him sorted and then recover at home.
Taking frequent rests is just my life now. It’s ok. As long as I can get one or two things done everyday I feel good about myself

Chris said...

Sunshines good for moral, but here it was without heat. A rarity for me I actually saw a Dr face to face.. hope the tabs get sorted for Pirate.

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad Pirate is feeling better. Recovery will be a process, I'm sure, and sunshine ALWAYS helps!

gz said...

Steve it is indeed a process.. sometimes two steps forward and one back.

Pam said...

That all sounds stressful. Onwards and upwards, hopefully. I was fascinated by your pottery posts. I know nothing about potting apart from The Great Pottery Throwdown, but it's very interesting.

Amy said...

I'm wondering why medication has to be so dual-purposed, and in that I mean just about everything has a good side and a bad side, why not create something that just simply works.

Anonymous said...

I see. Tim had the biggest struggle with waiting. Once he started feeling 'normal-ish' he was pretty hard to rein in.