Friday 7 June 2019

busy again...

riding the boards...then drawing them...I've been remiss on both counts.
We have also been slacking on our own garden due to working on other peoples' gardens...

One can't be everywhere.

Masters' National Track championships in three weeks. Am I ready? Not really...and my age group is down to one...me...so I'll be competing against the next one down, with riders up to six years younger.

Normally there would be more in my group but it seems that some have foregone the nationals and chosen just to ride the Worlds, in October,in Manchester. this is due to the entry fees...they were a bit steep before,but now have risen by £20 for entry plus one event...to £90..and for each subsequent event up by £10 to £45...if that is the 500 metres time trial that's about £1 per second.
Perhaps that's the effect of two years in LA!!

Pirate will ride...he has been part of the fight to gain a 80+ age group. They've had a partial success...the successful 75+ age group has been re-instated.   If we both enter what we usually ride it  will cost £450 just to enter. 
Is it me or are sports in general pricing themselves out of themarket?

3 comments:

Catalyst said...

I think everything has gotten way too expensive, not just sports.

Joanne Noragon said...

I suppose there is much expense to cover, perhaps permits, safety forces. But that's a lot of money Too many people and functions to be hired; not enough volunteers, I suppose. Good luck.

Susan Heather said...

That does sound a lot of money. You said "busy again" I think you are always busy.