Monday 24 June 2019

if you can't move...

move the furniture!
My grandma was doing that in her 90s...I'm carrying on the tradition!
Moved the tv and the table to the wider end of the living room, the Canterbury to where the table was and the smaller sofa is between the two, instead of blocking the heat from the longer radiator.

The result is a square sitting eating and viewing space . Far more sociable and less of just a passage from front to back!

Slightly less cluttered than it was-let's just call it busy!!

We've had friends to visit and a friend is staying with us now...ans its a relief that it works.


10 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

We do that too!
For years, as a child, my father's job had us moving on average every 3 years, so when he changed job and my folks settled - my mom continued to 'move' by rearranging the furniture regularly. I as an adult continue to do the same. Seems to 'refresh' the room :)

Michèle Hastings said...

Looks great! I love seeing all your prints hanging in a row.

Steve Reed said...

Looks cozy! I like your blue rug -- is that a sun-and-moon design?

gz said...

It is, Steve

Susan Heather said...

I have often moved our furniture around. A whole new look. Glad the new layout works well.

Joanne Noragon said...

I certainly like it. Grandma was a canny lady.

Amy said...

Is there a table next to the tv?

gz said...

Amy yes,in front of it...so no sitting at the table for a meal with the tv on! The table is on castors,so we can have it out to sit four

Zhoen said...

We occasionally re-think where we have stuff. But I prefer to keep things in the same place summer to winter. My mother rearranged the furniture twice a year, largely because of heaters and summer fan flow. Even knowing why, it bugged me, because it included my bedroom, and it went from functional summer to awkward winter.

Your arranging seems to be of the functional variety, looks very inviting.

Catalyst said...

It looks like the comfortable home of artists.