Wednesday 3 June 2020

A fresh day continued

Posting on Etsy takes time! Even more than making anything.
Photographing from every angle and getting the description spot on so that you get no complaints that it wasn't as described.
Then packing inside and out so that there is as little chance of breakage as possible even if someone does use the parcel as a football!  Also, at the moment I am making the cardboard boxes as I have run out of smaller ones.
Then there is the posting and sharing on social media...

After all that the suggested walk was welcome.




 The first garlic and onion thinnings
And an Al fresco cuppa for him
It should have been baking day today, but with the change in the weather, and me getting busy at the wrong time , the starter and soaker for the bread was delayed in being put together. Consequently the loaves are on a go-slow...therefore they are now in the fridge to make sure that the dough doesn't, hopefully, overtop the tins overnight!
And the good news is that the green espresso mug has sold, with an order for a cup, and I also have a commission for a postcard drawing.
Slowly but surely, getting there.... hopefully!!

11 comments:

Zhoen said...

(o)

Joanne Noragon said...

Everything looks good, especially the billy pot. Great on the sales.

Evi said...

Thats so true! Etsy is time consuming indeed. I've been adding some of my journals on there again and it occurred to me that the best items to sell are ones where I dont have to write out a new blurb every time! I need to sell the same thing over and over - however I dont like to make the same thing!!! It's a conundrum!

Lettice said...

I have tried overnight proving in the fridge, trouble is I get a leaden loaf! Am I not bringing it back up to room temperature enough or what? Any ideas as I seem to remember you were one of the first to congratulate me on my first tentative steps at becoming a sourdough grand master!?! Good news on the sales side of things... keep ‘em coming lassie!

LX

gz said...

Evi with the laptop I would open two tabs, one with the older post, the other with the new post....copy, paste, edit as needed.. unfortunately using a cheaper tablet I am not managing copy and paste.

gz said...

Lettice I think you have hit on that problem's cause ..patience!

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad you're continuing to have sales. I used to list things on eBay, and it was a LOT of work. I eventually found that it was easier to give things to charity!

Catalyst said...

That photo of the gate with the green field beyond is definitely a keeper!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I don't know which is more impressive… the Etsy sales or the sourdough loaves! Congratulations!

gz said...

It is indeed Cat. It leads away from the nature reserve,but is still a good walk

deanna said...

(O)
Always good to read your processing. I can't make it into blogging much, but I'm glad you're there when I do!