Tuesday 23 June 2020

Giving

The garden has been beginning to yield edibles at last!
Plus salad leaves and radishes and a couple of onions that were beginning to bolt.
We have been indoors mostly for a few days, with the rain going sideways as the wind blows a hoolie once again..somebody remind the weather that it is summer up here as well!
Kent in the far southeast of England had 30 C today and "wall to wall blue skies"  We are promised a couple of hot days soon...probably the typical British Summer...Two hot days and a thunderstorm!!
Meanwhile we have been cleaning bits of bike and taking photographs, along with my pots as well...and are steadily adding them to eBay and Etsy respectively.  Small sales so far, but much better than nothing!
Add to that , the small table by our front path...I am offering plants for free ( or swap )...some cucumber and chard plants have gone so far.   I don't think locals are used to free things.

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I would have cucumber and chard in a NY minute.

Susan Heather said...

The Swiss chard and courgettes look good.

Lettice said...

I left my box balls outside of the allotments just opposite .. ‘Free to a good home, L’ They were gone in a flash, I even got a special request for two if I ever decided to cull more. i ought to explain, the lady of the house before me was a garden designer and she had balls. And some! Now although some might say ‘I have balls’, mine are of the spoken kind. Box balls, the odd one is okay, however knocking on for twelve is a tad OTT! Added to which I am not a formal gardener, formal anything come to that...

LX

Maria said...

and in Cambridgeshire we are sweltering in 28-30C - and working from home in a new build house which overheats! We need a happy medium - somewhere in the middle?