Friday 4 June 2021

Being tourists

 Called over to see a friend , who is Pirate's team sponsor, this morning.

It's good to see him, and an ex sprinter friend who works for him as an electrician/mechanic.

Then we thought...let's be tourists for a change!!

Over the beacons to Brecon and lunch, a walk around and a secondhand bookshop....we succumbed to temptation!!

Then along the other side of the valley to the main A40, to Llangynidr and up over the mountain to Beaufort and back down the Ebbw valley.

Memories of going over that mountain every Thursday early, to the weekly market at Hay on Wye to sell my pots.


After we arrived back home the local Chapel Man came round...they have some furniture going free and DiL is helping to find people who are in need. The community working together.

7 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

An area I used to visit a lot - haven't been for years.

Susan Heather said...

Sounds a lovely day

Amy said...

oh I'm terrible in 2nd hand bookshops, we have on here. Last time I was there with my daughter we bought some that I'm still trying to get through.

smartcat said...

((o))

Zhoen said...

Sharing furniture is a wonderful thing.

As is being a tourist in your own neighborhood.

Debby said...

It's been years since I bought a new book, although I do get them for Christmas. I love going through racks of books. You never know quite what you'll find.

Debby said...

PS: Meant to say also that I love the idea of people helping people. I've got 3 sets of curtains on my front porch right now waiting for pickup.