Friday 7 April 2023

Gardening at last

 After a chilly night, the sun is really hot today.

Our houseguest has cleared their wood from my greenhouse!! Unfortunately it has had to go in my workshop, but at least all their wood is in one place now, and work can proceed on fitting out the van conversion. Most of the wood has already been cut to length, the present job is building drawers and cupboards from scratch..

Hopefully guest can move on within a month or so!! 

The compost bin construction has begun...two stobs and one pallet for half the back. The aim today is just to do the rest of the back, a repeat of the first half, and pirate is having a siesta first.  No point in overdoing things.


The top staging has been swept, now to choose and sow seeds...

7 comments:

JayCee said...

Easy does it!

northsider said...

I make my compost heap with pallets and baling twine and fence posts.

Catalyst said...

Hmmm, I had missed the news of your "house guest". I hope you get your home back sooner rather than later.

Joanne Noragon said...

(O)

Steve Reed said...

I'm sure you'll be happy when your guest moves on and you get your house back!

gz said...

Cat and Steve we are very thankful for the house sitting done...but there comes a point.....

The bike shed said...

I spent Good Friday gardening here in Wales - I can't think I've ever done that before - we'd always go out for a walk or ride... And yet, I'm pleased we did and quietly satisfied that my garden is now 'ready' for the summer.