Saturday 22 April 2023

Starting small , moving, decluttering sheds


 At last, getting creative again...on a small scale! 

It's one way to make myself do things again, plus I have bigger prints and need small things too.

Our house guest returned this lunchtime, with my eldest son in his van, as that is long enough to fit the longer pieces of wood and also uses less fuel, even on a much longer trip!

Pirate has, between naps , been fettling two mowers that need to find new homes.

They both work well..

A Ransome Bowlic Mark 4 with a quarter horsepower electric motor..a 1930s design from the 40s, for cutting bowling green grass.






This is heading for the British Lawnmower museum in Southport if all goes well.

The other, a Suffolk Punch is apparently too young for them!!




I have offered that one Free to a Good Home on the village barter farcebook page.

Our nice few sunny days have ended and we have returned to cold and damp weather. 

Thankfully pirate gave the grass it's first cut and everywhere looks neat and tidy, even the meadow patch at the front has had its perimeter trimmed.

6 comments:

Fresca said...

Beautiful machines---and I include the tools for carving linoleum.
Good for you!
Now your house sitter is gone, I am eagerly awaiting the launch of your pottery workshop. I imagine it will be a while yet, but now it's possible!

Steve Reed said...

I tried to Freecycle a couple of old mowers not too long ago and had no takers. But they weren't as old (or as interesting) as yours! I'm glad that first one will be preserved.

Catalyst said...

Wow! Someone would sure like to have those mowers. True antiques, unless life is different in Scotland.

Red said...

It's a long time before I need to think about a lawn mower.

Joanne Noragon said...

As I read about the first mower, I wished a museum would take it, and was pleased to read further on that is exactly what happened. I'm sure the Suffolk Punch will find a good home, too.

gz said...

I wish the Southport museum would take the Suffolk Punch as well...but it is worth hanging on to get a good home for it.