Thursday, 13 August 2026

kiln saga

 


The four smaller screws did not come out of the ceramic connector block....

After seeing the galleon, I went on a hunt for a new one...

The electrical wholesalers (branches everywhere!) only had them mail order...£1.50...postage £4.50....

A place that fixes Appliances...doesn't keep them in stock.."we only fix large appliances...our mechanics probably have them in their tool boxes but sorry we can't help you"... sorry not sorry???

It is a type of thing found at the back of electric cookers ...if the rôles had been reversed I'd have asked the mechanics...

Back home I found that the spare part I'd been given along with the equipment I'd bought...had one...

I very carefully took that apart and installed it ..a very fiddly job ..in my own rather old one...and connected everything ...it works!!

Next step is to buy. a longer extension lead.

I am not risking that out in the rain!!

No comments: