A short road trip this morning to see a friend who sold me his old spare pyro and thermocouple...and I gave him a mug as well!
On the way back I made a visit to Nae Sae New ...just in case....as you do!!
Result, one chisel for kiln shelf cleaning if needed and a small balance with weights from 5 to 50g. No batteries to fail!!
After the trip, a good blether with "Nan over the Road", putting the world to rights..and after supper, packing the kiln.
And now I could really do with a relaxing bath.....unfortunately there is only a shower!









12 comments:
Splash!
Ferndale, WA USA
Fascinating to see the progression as the kiln is filled.
Your day sounds very successful with numerous accomplishments.
The kiln looks filled to the brim.
You produce a lot of stuff.
I can't fire the kiln half full!!
Looks good. Best wishes on it's "second maiden firing" or whatever number suits.
It looks like you’re all set and ready to get going in a big way.
Is that a very large kiln? I’ve not had much to do with it pottery. I’d love to learn how to throw but it looks way too hard on the upper body. You definitely need to be stronger than I am I’m sure
fingers crossed for the right weather and a goodly amount of bravado for that first firing!
It is hard if you fight the clay and not work with it. You learn to use body weight and softer clay
That's a goodly number of pots to be fired. So cool to see it at this stage.
That is 'packed to the gunnels'. Good use of the space. How can things be stacked inside orhers but not touching horizontally?
you have to be careful stacking inside..in case they get stuck! so allow for shrinkage.
In a bisque you can have them close or. even stacked, but I like a gap for heat/flame flow so that it is even
Post a Comment