Monday, 17 August 2026

wet

 We are having much needed rain.

However 13⁰...after 24⁰ a few days ago...is a shock to the system,!?



Indoor jobs today...hemming a sheet for the sofabed after I removed the flounce.



Then hunting for an hour or more for some elastic for the corners. Luckily I found the bodkin  to feed it through just after I found the elastic.

Inertia rules today. So much to do, that I want to do. Sometimes just starting is not easy.

What is too easy is being on the internet.

Not just scrolling..although there is some of that! Chatting (message) with friends. Reading interesting things. Learning stuff.

It is also company. As is the radio.

9 comments:

Debby said...

If you ask me, 13° gives you every right to putter around inside! I enjoy those days. I had to drivevto the store, but when I got back, I mixed up a batch of taco seasoning, cut up strawberries for a shortcake, made a frittata for supper

Tigger's Mum said...

Sounds like the perfect day - I spend inordinate amounts of time learning new stuff on the internet (today a science article on research done on possible plants that deter gastrointestinal parasites. Why? It all started with one of the builders saying sunflower seeds are a natural dewormer and I decided to fact check him. He's wrong - well there's no science to support it but I did run into the lengthy science paper and.....

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hate flounces on sheets.

Steve Reed said...

Sounds like a pretty productive way to spend a rainy day, actually!

MELODY JACOB said...

Dropping from twenty-four degrees down to thirteen feels like a brutal weather shock! Hunting for missing elastic while trying to conquer sewing inertia is pure struggle, finding that bodkin must have brought such sweet relief. Getting completely lost in internet rabbit holes or chatting with friends totally beats forcing productivity on gloomy rainy days.

Amy said...

Gosh 13 degrees is our Winter/Spring, stay warm here.

Susan Heather said...

Snap. 13 degrees here as well.

Susan said...

For me, temperature shifts like this mean the season is starting to change. Our nights are cool and days are warm. I'd like some rain.
Sewing on a rainy day sounds ideal.

angela said...

That’s Melbourne weather to a T. We can go from beautiful sunny twenty degrees days to wet, windy and about fifteen degrees in the same day!
I’m sure it’s the major reason we all hurt so much
Even though I like being alone. There are times that I’m thankful I still have hubby. I guess it all takes time to get used too.
Don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s a long process.