Saturday, 1 August 2026

Frustration

 Back to square one to quote the football commentary....

after a slow (but quicker than yesterday!) start I started hunting for the kiln equipment. It is frustrating not being able to find its "safe" hiding place!!

Which has changed to sorting things to go to the secondhand/antiques emporium.

He has given me a good price for things in the past and I had mentioned to him about doing this , last week.

And in other news my daughter celebrated her 44th birthday today!

More sorting and clearing tomorrow.....

Hopefully more physical and mental space.

16 comments:

Tigger's Mum said...

I do know that "safe place" conundrum. It seemed perfectly logical at the time. I even start to wonder if the logic of the time told me I'll never use it again and...

angela said...

I do that all the time. I put something in a safe place and never can find it again
Unless of course I’m looking for something else
I’m sure I have a portal or black hole in my home
Second socks seem to find their way into that as well.
Happy birthday to your daughter

Bovey Belle said...

I need to have a huge clear out of my "library" - so many books need to go. So many boxes of "stuff" too. With one less BIG bookcase and no boxes on the floor, I could contemplate replacing the absolutely had it carpet that came with the house . . .

I hope you can find your kiln stuff.

JayCee said...

I think I need to write down my "safe places" as I can never remember them. Of course I'd keep my list in a safe place too...

gz said...

yes....pinned on the wall....along with the list of things that people "borrowed" or "looked after" for Pirate while we went to NZ....and denied all knowledge afterwards if we did actually remember whi had whzt...

gz said...

who had what 😄

smartcat said...

The only benefit that I have found to putting things in a "safe-spot" is that in searching for said "safe-spot" I often find stuff that I forgot about or assumed long gone.

gz said...

yes..and that diverts you down a different path 😄

Barbara Rogers said...

Ha ha...my entire life has been packed up, carted across country in a truck, and dumped into another small apartment with inadequate storage.! Talk about where things go...and which box has the important thing I need! I'm finding of course many things to continue donating away.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope you find what you're looking for!

Granny Sue said...

Sending hugs as you sort and try to find your stuff, and get rested up in the bargain.

Susan said...

Sorting and clearing often reveals things long forgotten. With some luck the items you are looking for will show up too.
Happy B-day and all the best to your daughter.

Anonymous said...

I can so identify with your involuntary past time. My one tip is to write down what you are looking for - I have been known to get deep into the bowels of a closet or cupboard and in the process of finding stuff I have no recollection of ever owning suddenly wonder what I was looking for in the first place.

Ceci

kjsutcliffe said...

it is that old adage ..... it is always the last place I looked ...

Tigger's Mum said...

🤣

Debby said...

It is amazing just how many safe places I have forgotten about.