Tuesday, 11 August 2026

You wouldn't believe it..

 The thermocouple I bought....is too short!

But it will do when I build a small test kiln....

The positive thing?..my old thermocouple and pyro, well wrapped, were in their box, right at the back of a lower shelf of glaze materials. Very safe so that they didn't get knocked....I was looking for something else!!

The gas hoses were all linked up, everything ready....and the pyro didn't work, but at least the display did....

Broken wires in the thermocouple attachments....but...very small screwdrivers for very small screws were missing...

A "Help!" message to Nae Sae New...and I went over there asap as they were. going out soon...and they gave me a small handful of tiny screwdrivers....

Home again, the ceramic connector was put to soak in wd40. The main attaching screw had freed...but not the tiny clamping screws.

Tomorrow's job, apart from a short dentist appointment, is to call by the electrical supplies company.....

I keep on thinking...What Next???

In other news I lifted one short row of "Rooster" tatties as I wasn't sure about the brown spots on the leaves...the crop looks (and tastes) good. 
The bare earth is the row...
mulched with cardboard 


No comments: