The ruler is a 12"/30cm measure. I can't really go over 15 inches dried in this kiln, so I must work out the plastic to ready to fire shrinkage!!
They were quite heavily thrown, as the clay is fairly soft , to support the shape. I think I need the clay a little less soft! Even though it is now ten months old it isn't the easiest to throw with, but it is improving slowly. I reckon it will be fine by the time I've worked through this ton!!
I'm planning a change of clay and having over half a ton left means I have the time to find a clay that suits me better!
I threw these with 4.5 kg each, starting with 1.5kg, centering, adding the next, centering again....so each third is centered and compressed and hopefully I wont have the cracks in the base that appear in the glaze firing. The bowl is still useable as they don't go all the way through, but don't look good.
These are some of yesterday's small pots (250gm)
It has been raining fine steady rain most of today..just the sort of rain you need to replenish the groundwater....just not during the day!!
I did my usual token housework before work- sorting my own things in the kitchen and ironing and drying my own clothes. After working this afternoon I made a large bean and pepper curry, and an almond and carrot nut roast..good freezer food!!