Sunday 20 November 2011

shopping!

I'm learning how to shop...and I can't say I enjoy it that much.

However I managed to buy a pair of boots yesterday.

Then today I went with Daughter and family and braved Cardiff!! So I couldn't chicken out without getting what I needed and we had time out together.

Result- proper sized underpinnings after being professionally measured and fitted. A pair of smart shoes that look good AND that I can walk in! Two tops and a cardigan. Also I know what style trousers I need.

I think I should get sewing again! If nothing else it saves braving the heaving hordes!!

9 comments:

Zhoen said...

Good shoes, good glasses, worth more. In some areas, you really do get what you pay for.

Kath said...

You have my admiration. I hate to shop. I once received a marriage proposal based soley on that fact.
The interbet is my saviour :-D

Sara said...

Cardiff on a Saturday, 5 weeks before xmas?
You're more than brave!
xx

gz said...

No, Sarah, Cardiff on a Sunday...Cwmbran on Saturday afternoon was MUCH worse!!!

A Heron's View said...

Sorry I never realised that women learned how to shop, I always thought it came naturally to them - O live and learn :)

gz said...

HV I have never had much, and that that I have, has always gone to my children. I have been brought up by my grandmother with " make do and mend" and never buy what you can make. Nothing wrong in that.
To a point. I've never learnt to buy for myself and I've never had the money to get enough decent stuff to make it last.

Relatively Retiring said...

How interesting. I have real problems in buying anything for myself, although I'm delighted to spend on others. I hope the underpinnings are a truly uplifting experience?

gz said...

umm...they are indeed, RR.

julia said...

we mothers often say that we happily buy for others but baulk at the idea of buying for ourselves...

I hate spending money on clothes and shoes and bags and bling, refuse to do it until forced by necessity

but recently I did buy some new shoes and now my wonky knees and swollen ankle are thanking me, I wonder if a girdle would help my back :-)