Tuesday 1 November 2011

Lemon Yoghurt Cake

I found this on a blog a while ago.....

Oven to 350 degrees F
grease and line 8" square cake tin

5 Tbsp softened butter

1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup lemon yoghurt
2 cups flour (nicest with 1 each white/wholemeal)
1 tsp baking powder
half tsp bicarb
half tsp salt

Beat together the wet ingredients, I use a slotted serving spoon. Add the dry ingredients. Mix well. Place in the tin, smooth thetop and if you like, sprinkle granulated or demerara sugar on the top

Bake until a knife comes out clean. This is an hour in my oven, could be less in other ovens, will be less in a fan oven.

I left it to cool in the tin, I'd say leave it in the tin until it is at least lukewarm.
Enjoy!

forgive me for not writing the link down too.
Whosever it is, many thanks as it works!!

You could add lemon zest for that extra bite, or use different flavour yoghurt...go on, experiment!!

2 comments:

Kath said...

OMG this sounds divine. I don't like anything sweet or sickly, so this is my kind of cake :-P

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Yum! I love lemon desserts and will have to give this a try. Cheers.