Friday 13 September 2019

Busy kitchening

Last night I thought..just get that fruit butter finished....cue one late night!! Result a dozen jars of Apple,Pear and Plum butter with cinnamon.
Today's production has been green tomato chutney with the tomatoes from a neighbour and onions.. shallots really...on the way to being pickled. They are presently soaking in brine and sitting next to them is a pot of vinegar soaking up spices.
Add to that two boxes full of hulled and halved strawberries in the freezer as I'm too tired to make anything with them!...They were eight punnets of reduced price strawberries bought yesterday, and left overnight they would spoil and waste.

I enjoy building up the store cupboard...houses should still be built with proper larders for food storage. No wonder food is wasted with no proper storage space.


5 comments:

Susan Heather said...

All very productive. It is always great going into winter with a full store cupboard.

Joanne Noragon said...

I had friends pick me up recently. They came in for a quick tour of my new digs, and one said "You even have a pantry!" Yes, because I made it out of a broom closet and metal shelving.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

This all makes me feel rather hungry ……..

Andrea Ingram said...

Oooof

Shaheen said...

I admire your efforts, would love the recipe for your Plum Butter?! if your happy to share. My plums tree was not as fruitful this year, heres hoping for a better plum harvest next year.