Friday 27 September 2019

Rain











Rain stopped play yesterday...hasn't even let it start today.
At least I am back to drawing.
I managed over an hour out on my bike around the lanes yesterday, mostly between showers. Pirate carried on gardening then did his riding on the turbo trainer in the garage!

The rain is coming over in heavy squalls, and not much better forecast for a few days.. possibly a thunderstorm later this morning and a rain weather warning has been issued for Saturday night to Sunday morning.

We haven't been able to do as much gardening as hoped, but we have made a good start on a couple of jobs.
I wonder how our garden is faring at home?

We are despairing at the state of politics...how low and unpleasant can they sink?

4 comments:

smartcat said...

The weather is certainly strange. We have had our first green summer in many years. Many benefits, but it has limited our outdoor time. It went from bright sun to clouds to heavy rain in the space of half an hour yesterday. No grilling to say the least!

Love all the photos, especially the nibbled mushrooms. I wonder if animals know which one are safe to eat.

Despair is a good way to describe both the US and UKI politics. The pit of ugly, stupid, and downright mean behavior seems bottomless.

Amy said...

With politics, it always gets low and downright nasty. I'm glad I'm not involved with it.

Bea said...

I very much like your sketches. If I were a very small human, I would stand under that sturdy-looking mushroom during bouts of bad weather. :)

Politics in both of our countries is a stinkin' mess, eh?

Zhoen said...

I live with a history major. Our past is full of genocide, war crimes, massive injustices. Evil is depressingly predictable.