Thursday 9 September 2021

Afternoon out

 After the wake in Kirkcaldy, we had an afternoon out with a friend. 

We had driven to his house then onwards in his car as he knew the roads.

As we were near the sea, the day involved beer(alcohol free as he was driving!) Ice cream AND a fish supper for them ( chips and mushy peas for me). Not forgetting the mayonnaise!!

We stopped in Burnt Island...and found that the lime kilns on a promontary had given it that name....and that the green where the fairs and Highland games were held was given to the burgh by king James V in the 1500s. 


The green and below the games grass track course




The path right round the promontary no longer goes....
Wood yard and harbour still working


And a mini wind turbine generator..also has a solar panel!

It was good to be able to see the sights of the Fife Coast as a passenger for a change!

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I am always a passenger now having got rid of my car when I broke my hip - and I must say there are advantages

Steve Reed said...

I love that first photo of the cloud!