Thursday 9 September 2021

Test day

 Pirate duly delivered to the local hospital this morning for two scans.

There was me thinking I had the morning to myself....but mid muffin and hot chocolate in the bookshop cafe in Ayr..


A nicely done fern, almost too good to drink!

And a phone call, Come and get me!!

One scan done, radioactive injection done...he then had to leave and kick his heels for two hours...so back home for lunch,luckily only a few miles away...and back for another half an hour of scanning while I started to read a book in the car.  

I don't do enough reading....

Once scanned, light relief was a mint tea each in the local farm cafe before heading for the dentist for him..he was getting a service check today!!

I did a little shopping in the surprisingly warm rain...it was forecast, and as they say it did what it said on the tin!



then home again on the back roads to avoid the school rush hour.

We hadn't done much physically, but are surprisingly tired!! 

So make supper while steaming some beetroot for bottling in hot spiced vinegar



..nice and easy...then watching the highlights of a stage of the cycling Tour of Britain before an early night.

We are aiming for earlier rising...a better use of each day... and a walk or a bike ride, weather permitting, after breakfast to set us up for each day.

Let's hope we succeed!

9 comments:

Catalyst said...

Wow! Pirate does all his medical/dental stuff in one day, eh? He's a better man than I am. Good luck with the tests.

Bag End Gardener said...

I think a day of appointments and back & forth is just as tiring as a day of physical work. Hope things turn out OK after his scans.

Amy said...

It's amazing how little you only need to do to feel tired, I'm finding these days as I get older year by year it seems to sap my energy more.

Avus said...

I have also had such scans as Pirate. My good wishes for the outcome.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Best wishes for the Pirate's test results.

Debby said...

I hope for good results on those scans.

The fern is amazing. I try to get all artsy fartsy with my cappuccino. Never works.

togi said...

Drawings on hot chocolate drinks are art. The way you try to live diligently is an good example. I hope you take good care of your health and have a happy time today.

Steve Reed said...

Well, that's quite a bit of activity! I can see why you're both tired!

Relatively Retiring said...

Thinking of you both and hoping for good outcomes from both scans and dentist.