Thursday 16 November 2023

Dragon!

 We are in Wales, so....



There are dragons on the gateposts where we are staying!


We had a quieter day today, just a short walk up the lane ( definitely up!!) before lunch.

Everything is still very green, hazel branches in the hedgerow with new leaves, brambles flowering..at least the ivy flowering is usual



Lunch with daughter and son in law..and as they work from home, a chance to see their garden...and be envious! A proper walk in fruit cage...fruit trees....the base down for greenhouse number three....

Then a short trip into Aberystwyth for food shopping...and a short walk on the prom was planned.

That was scuppered by the heavy rain that started as I came out of the shop....

Back "home" to relax by the stove while Pirate rested.

11 comments:

Fresca said...

Are those dragons guardians? Very friendly looking ones, though I wouldn’t want to cross one!

Debby said...

What a lovely view. And dragons. And family. What a wonderful mix of joy!

gz said...

I think they must be , Fresca.

Not as much family time as we had hoped, Debby, but they are busy and the boys are autistic.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I would love a dragon like that on my front lawn.
Wonderful photo of that ivy in flower.

northsider said...

Did the signs going into Wales say "There be dragons?" 😊 My great grandmother came from Wrexham.

Catalyst said...

I had it in my mind that the lion was the symbol of Wales. But after reading your post I Googled and found that the red dragon is indeed it. I like hearing about your travels and adventures.

John Going Gently said...

The dragons are almost comical, a bit Disney x

gz said...

I think nicer than Disney, John.

Steve Reed said...

Love the dragons. Our ivy is blooming as well, but it's weird to see brambles blooming now, isn't it? (I'm not seeing that here.)

Bea said...

Wales is an enchanting place. Love the dragons.

gz said...

Yes, Steve there were brambles flowering in the hedge as well..and sloes and rosehips still not eaten.