Sunday, 26 July 2026

Anither list! and memories

 

and I've been trying to work my way through it....


Half done!

Blackcurrant jam made yesterday (12½ jars ..ten pounds) and five bottles of cordial today

Mainly blackcurrant with added sloes and brambles.

I had a small parcel to return, so I took the chance to go small saucepan hunting in more places. Still no real joy.  One will turn up, eventually!

Still no sign of the thermocouple and pyrometer. I know they are in a small but long  cardboard box, the thermocouple wrapped in bubble wrap as it is fragile. 

I know I saw it in this house....and I know that I consciously put it in a safer place....

I'll keep on looking ....

And in the meantime I've loaded the car with an old pallet and laurel prunings to go to the cowp, and the bags are in to fill with municipal compost.

I found some photos this morning from 2011  when I joined in on a kiln firing with South Wales Potters. 

The first day attacking old pallets for kiln fuel!

plastering clay over the kiln tto cover any gaps


We had a grand time firing that!

No comments: