At last I'm back on my bike!!
With the bike in the back of the car ...shopping in Prestwick, park by the Sailing club....and off up the National Cycling Route..NCR 77 I think...
ArranA beautiful sunny afternoon, I could hear the gorse seed pods popping as I rode. along by the golf course ( another good reason th wear a helmet!!!)
and the aim of the ride?!
It is worth every penny!!
Then back past the Twa Dug ...
I was glad of an almost tailwind back to the car....and I'm thinking of adding some pipewrap to my handlebars to cushion my hands. In some places tree roots across the path are lifting the surface in ridges, making riding hard (and painful) work.
I haven't got the knack of taking a selfie...the others were worse!!








10 comments:
Good for you for getting back on the bike. i quit riding at 80. I thought it was too risky.
Would love to know what flavor gelato you got!
Ceci
A lovely photo of Arran, thankyou. My husband's mother's family were from there. We enjoyed a day trip to the island, on a beautiful sunny day, in August 2019 when visiting from NZ.
Gelato seems the perfect reward for getting back on your cycle. Do you wear gloves?
We use our hands for everything, gardening, sewing, knitting, cooking etc. and when they ache it impacts everything. I hope wraps on your handlebars reduce the impact on your hands during the next ride.
mango sorbet in a waffle cone!
I always wear gloves..mitts (short fingered gloves) in the summer, always with decent padding
Oh wow. You did very well. Yes a nice cold gelato is exactly
What you needed.
I don’t take selfies, the few I do take I’m usually only just in the picture
...I take pictures of interesting things and that doesn't include me.
Yes, I find selfies difficult to take too. I think I should try to get some gelato today, it's been too long since I had any.
Cycling along the coastline sounds amazing. Sea views, salty air and sunshine make a very good day.
A tasty gelato cone is a terrific reward.
Great to see you enjoying a ride, even with the bumps...not to mention the gelato!
Post a Comment