typical...just when you get used to.it behaving!!!
The three "after " pictures come before the two "before"...
This is what I've achieved so far with secateurs and loppers and feet on the ground. Those branches are still well over the kiln shed and up to the phone/broadband lines.
I can't risk a fire...but at least I use gas, not any solid fuel.






13 comments:
That's going to be quite a job, but you are wise to cut it back.
Wow you have your work cut out - laurel and honeysuckle! Thats like fighting a giant octopus and needing to come up for breath.
I think you'll need a ladder for the rest of it.
It's so frustrating when the job gets too high for the tools. Especially if one doesn't do ladders well! Good luck.
What about the power lines over the kiln? Does that pose a problem?
That is excellent work trimming back all the greenery.
I also trim back limbs and for the higher up ones that I normally can't reach, I bought a saw on an extendable pole, and it works well.
the lower one is my redundant landline which will be coming out sometime. the higher one is my fibre broadband.
So it will be a problem between neighbour and Outreach...
stepladder did the job..and a swoe to hook the last half dozen thin branches!!
a good description!!
You have definitely reduced the risk. I’d need a much taller person than I am to get the tops done.
It’s hard when your only five foot one inch tall
Lol. That description made me laugh!
How far above the kiln are they?
Far enough, Debby! Especially as the flue has a "rainhat"
Post a Comment