Thursday, 20 August 2026

first firing

 Tbe first firing didn't go completely to plan...it took a while to get it lit...and I'm remembering slowly (with the help of the firing log book) how to fire it.

A slight problem at the end was that the second burner refused to stay lit. This meant that it took longer to fire...and will probably be uneven. But we will see when it comes to opening time, hopefully tomorrow afternoon.

Good news..the first feed of beans!
This looks well'pollenated
I have the first three ripe blueberries too, but it looks like the collar doves have found them as well as there are broken twigs and missing fruit...

and the day finished in technicolour!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sorry to hear the first firing did not go perfectly. With adjustments, next time will likely be better.
Beans fresh from the garden will be fabulous.
Wildlife is eating from my garden too.
Your sky is amazing.

Red said...

What a brilliant finish to the day!