My garden....then those to the left and right
A bit higgledy piggledy..definitely not manicured!
pyrometric cone stash!!
The four orange boxes are from the 1980s so should be for lower glaze temperatures
The others should be for bisque firing (pre glaze) and stoneware glaze temperatures..probably only (!) 20 years old...
I've been offered a thermocouple and pyrometer by another potter over by Hamilton....only an hour or so's drive tomorrow! He also fires with Propane, so I can refresh my memory on hoses, bottles and spanners....
I went to an Italian evening in Ayr tonight..a couple of us from the French conversation class went to support the Italian learners!
Some Italian people turned up as well, these evenings aren't limited to class attendees.
They are meeting in an old shop which has been taken over by a community arts venture....called "Narture"...a combination of Nature, Art and Nurture. They bake real bread to raise money for community art projects.
This was the first meeting...not a bad start..and French next month,!!





7 comments:
((o))
I love seeing other people’s gardens.
I think the most beautiful ones are those that are left to go a bit wild. I’m not impressed by perfectly manicured ones. And I especially love seeing the ones that are productive. Either growing food, or having a place to create or both
The conversational evening sounds like fun! And ooh, French next month!
Baking homemade bread is a good idea, store-bought bread can never be as delicious as homemade bread kneaded with our own hands.
I like the baking homemade bread, it's so much nicer than shop bought, I usually make cheese and garlic, have a nice weekend.
Your garden is a working garden, not one for displsy only. I like that. You produce a lot of food for the space you amhave and in your climate.
The evening sounds like great fun!
Love your backyard - it looks lived in, used, speaks of activity. The neighbouring ones look tolerated; like a chore rather than a life enhancement.
Post a Comment