Thursday, 13 August 2026

gardening catchup

 It was too nice to stay in all day...so indoor work went by the board before lunch and later in the afternoon! 

It was a nicely comfortable 24⁰ today..and weeding was done!!





The greenhouse residents are enjoying the weather too!!

Still more to do, but that was enough for one day. There is a decent layer in the compost bin, and the couch grass topped up the green waste wheelie bin nicely. Collection day is tomorrow.

The bad news is that I missed checking the kale for butterfly eggs, and both large and small cabbage whites were munching away....I cleared them off...and birds came down to eat them! The slackers!!

I might be lucky if I can keep them clear of caterpillars....

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clearly those birds were waiting for your lunch delivery service.

Amy said...

Weeding seems to be never ending, that's the only annoying thing when gardening, have a nice weekend.

Jeanie said...

Your garden is so terrific and so generous. Considering all your heat and lack of rain I am shocked! Well done.

Stara vrtlarica said...

Beautiful plants, both in the garden and in the greenhouse, there is work for us gardeners every day.

Tigger's Mum said...

Your greenhose looks so lush - tropical even

gz said...

it feels nicely so at that temperature!!