The kiln went a bit too well!
Two salt pots and two flared mugs have a little...ok, a lot!...of small bloats all over. I pot mini cones 9 and 10 by the glaze test pots...cone 10 was flat!...oops. I'm not packing tight to the back wall, so that shouldn't have happened, but it does show the worth of putting extra cones around the kiln. At the front spyhole cone 10 was just softening, at the pyrometer ( in the middle of the kiln roof) it was 1275.
Peter's Red Tenmoku came out a luscious black. The Joe Koons red I got from a post by Mel Jacobsen on Clayart forum looked overfired..and that is a cone 11 glaze.
I made a Nuka glaze including woodash from the stove in the gallery and where thick enough that is a beautiful white. That is apparently good with a light coating of a Tenmoku glaze over it.
I'm having fun!!
So, "onwards and upwards"" as they say. The platters are sitting in the warm kiln to speed drying a little and I've got two hours to glaze a few more pots and mix more glaze.