Saturday 11 August 2018

a lawn in the hills

We travelled 26 miles just over the top of the hill, seeing rain in this side valley and that,hoping for sun. We had, at least,no rain...
 I know, I should have taken a "before" picture. It was long enough that the Pirate cut high first and I raked..and barrowed it to three very happy Tamworth pigs!  Then a lower cut with the catcher,as the sun came out and dried everything off.
 Last year the forestry around was clear felled. This can be bleak..and nearest proper neighbours about six miles away both ways.
 Supervisory boss cat and chief mouser
 "I'm Not Here, you can't see me"....
 miss Piggy...
 After six hours of hard work...
 Just in case?!

7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Let's hope it doesn't rain that much!

Joanne Noragon said...

A lotta work; happy pig.

Avus said...

Varied post! A cat, a pig and a boat (to say nothing of a pirate!)

smartcat said...

Nothing like being prepared!

Catalyst said...

I think that pirate may be ready for a pint or two.

Frex said...

Impressive!

gz said...

catalyst he was, and did!