Saturday 25 August 2018

progress

Yesterday was too wet to go out...
study bookshelf 1 emptied and moved down to the living room.
study bookshelf 2 emptied and moved 90 degrees.
Hawthorn berries and Wild Apples from the freezer cooked up and set to drip through a muslin...

I discovered my copy of Joe Finch's Kiln Building Book and started reading it...flue design here we come.

Today we have had lovely weather...
After breakfast the Wild Apple and Hawthorn Jelly cooked up quickly...dark and tasty!
A bedding wash and a clothes wash, out on the line in the garden and both dried.
Pirate worked more on the "new" back axle for the car, taking out bolts , cleaning, saving garage time that would have to be paid for.

Lunchtime out, we went to the Roundhouse Snack bar and Osprey viewing by Loch Doon.  We walked up to the Dark sky observatory above Ness Glen(unfortunately closed) and back, then drove to the end of the metalling near the loch head before returning home.

While Pirate mowed our front lawn,and next door's front and back lawn ( a thanks for looking after our garden every time we go away), I moved the books back into both bookcases.
The study now has a little more organization, and sorting other things there will be easier.

Tomorrow is forecast wet...looks like more indoors work to get the study into order!

Little steady steps to get things sorted and make it easier just to get on with it!

7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

:-)

Catalyst said...

Busy, busy, busy. Don't they bottle Scotch there? :^D

Susan Heather said...

It always feels better when one makes a start on these jobs. Doing much the same here.

Cro Magnon said...

Re-organising, and cleaning, bookshelves sounds like my idea of hell. I'm that person who blows dust from the top whenever taking out a book.

Elaine said...

When I was young I used to get straight on and plough through big jobs. These days, like you, I do them step by step. Those little steps add up and the jobs still get done, eventually. Wild apple and hawthorn berries - sounds wonderful and has got my taste buds intrigued.

gz said...

Cro, I need to be able to find the books I want to read....now they are less muddled, I can just go to the right shelf before hunting

gz said...

Catalyst, no...http://www.ayrshirescotland.com/ness-glen-walk.html