Friday 24 August 2018

inertia

I have so many things I should be doing...adding content to the website, selling on Etsy and Ebay, researching family history...I haven't read a book in ages..plus all the household things like preserving...

With a throat spray and nasal spray the health problems are subsiding. It doesn't answer what triggers it each time,but at least I can sleep better and that improves everything! I just musn't squander energy doing a mad catchup when I get more!!

Perhaps a list might help? At least that would stop it all hamsterwheeling round in my brain!

1. Work out how I build the flue on the kiln and mend the bricks and arch of said kiln.    Measurements and photographs have been made and taken and diagrams done of the kiln and shed its in.

2. New garden beds. Needed so that the fruit bushes are in the ground instead of pots.  Needed so that we don't lose more next time we are away for any travelling.

3. Ebay.  Perhaps de-list what is left. No sales for a while . Some vintage things could go on Etsy...which would be cheaper...

4. Etsy.  list some pots. list the bigger print.

5.Printing.   Organize the last batch of small prints for sale.   Print some more of the A4 print thats waiting.   Finish the latest bigger block..thats nearly done but its not quite right yet.

6.Study.  Its disorganized. But its also the room visitors stay in on an airbed or fold up single bed...tidying it for them means stacking things away....

7. Exercise.  Needed daily. Needs time. see 8

8.Organization.  Lacking.

9. Car..needs mending..hopefully done this week coming ...but its taking money needed for travel tickets,to keep it legal....why couldn't it have waited a couple of months,then it wouldn't have needed to be dealt with until next spring.

10. Website. needs expanding...I need to feel brave enough to do it.

11. Artist Statement for gallery/exhibition. See 10.

I could go on...

I've got things and life far better than many. I'm not pitying myself atall,I'm annoyed with myself.

Be Thankful and Count Blessings.

Get on with it but don't rush.


Once I find the right bit of electronic liquorice I'll have pictures from my phone for here!



5 comments:

smartcat said...

((o))

Elderberry-Rob said...

So many things, so little time :) hope your health issues get sorted, being organised is what we all strive for, nobody's perfect, guess you just have to prioritise and do what you can.

Joanne Noragon said...

Lists are good. Excellent, even.

Avus said...

I feel tired just reading your list!
I was still working at 76, very busy and enjoying it. Then I had a stroke. I have returned from that now (3.5 years ago) but it slowed down my life style and I have learned to take things much more slowly.
Now I do no paid work, only what I want to. I rest between tasks ( quite nice - go and get a cuppa and read something, then back and do a bit more.) Decide what to to with the day according to the day - nice morning, go out on the ebike (weak leg after the stroke) for a toodle and a coffee/cake somewhere. Maybe mow the lawn in the afternoon (or leave it until tomorrow - it will still be there). Wet morning, read a book. Any jobs can wait, they'll still be there tomorrow.
This new life style was enforced, but, do you know, I'm loving it!

Susan Heather said...

((o))