Saturday 25 February 2023

Gifts

 

Ten years ago, when we first met Jenni at her pottery in Matangi, I made four bowls...

Three she has fired then glazed.

One I left with her to go in a Raku firing....so  I need to return!!

The little jar is now with our friends and hosts here in the Stayplace in Whanganui.

The brown bowl with longstanding friends..a friendship made in 2018...and the little berry bowl colander with cycling friends who have been giving us heaps of garden produce and preserves to share...





Good to see a bowl in use! We met their granddaughter too.

We have an outing to Fielding velodrome this morning, for Pirate to have a ride around before this afternoon's local carnival (race meeting)...weather permitting....

It will be good to see a few people to say goodbye...but just for now!

4 comments:

Peter said...

How nice to catch up with people again and to see a bowl in use! I hope the outing to the Fielding velodrome went well... and that the weather was permitting.... We've had a nice sunny day down here, but distinctly autumnal at nights now and the trees are suddenly starting to turn!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Nice little bowls and so pleasant to be able to share them with friends. I have a tiny pot made by a young disabled man I worked with who was insistent that I had it rather than take it home to his parents. To tell the truth I had as much of a hand in making it as he did, but it's a great reminder of the many hours we spent playing together when he was actually learning and I was allegedly working!

Debby said...

John, the joy you brought to your job simply by enjoying these people is the greatest gift you could ever give someone. I approached my job with the same enthusiasm. Unfortunately, not everyone did.

gz, you've had such a good time there, and I've had a good time following along on your adventure.

Amy said...

I think giving away the bowls you've made is a very nice thing to do.