and sadness too. Daughter's cat was falling down and failing. so she was put to sleep in Daughter's arms. She was 21 years and 4 days old...almost half daughter's life...she is 44.
This morning I made a lust on a post it note of things that need doing...even with small writing that little square was full!
So what got done? A modicum of kitchen tidying ...washing,, drying..very quickly on the line! ironing and keeping everything tidy.
unearthed my small dough mixer in the workshop to find what weight extension lead I will need ( must measure the length needed)..found that the company us still going in Bolton!
started moving timber around the studio out of the way of the stove...ready for its return after refurb. With any luck this timber will soon be used and out of the way!
Pinned the hem of a fitted sheet ( n.b....look for corner elastic) and spent a long time trying to get the handraulic machine sewing correctly. Tension problems as ever..
But the tension still isn't right.
At least I've stopped it looping at the back...now the under thread isn't working properly to make a stitch....





15 comments:
I am so sorry about your daughter's cat. That's one old cat and a lot of shared life. If you have a full postit note, you have your work cut out for you!
The last one is the kind of problem that I really dislike.
It is sad when they have to go, especially when they have been around soooo long that they are definitely a large part of your life. My eldest cat was 21 too - hugs to daughter
That is an amazing age for a cat. Your daughter will be very distressed at her cat's passing.
Sorry you are having tension problems. I am not much good at solving such things either!
Those old singer machines can be a pain, check underneath. could be dust in the works. I feel for your daughter, I lost our Grace at 20 years, they leave a huge gap in our lives.
When I rang the machine mechanic, for the exact same problem, he suggested changing the needle. He said if the needle is slightly bent it wouldn’t pick up the bobbin thread.
It’s worth doing it just to see if it fixes the problem
Hari OM
Condolences for a dear pet's passing - I know that you will feel the sorrow as much for your daughter as for her cat....... and I wish you well with working the needle contraption! YAM xx
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that. I love the fact that although Singer is in a massive group of four, parts are still available for 100+ years old machines
she definitely ruled the roost! Local Bosscat even of a local young Forest cat
I am sorry to hear about your daughter's cat. That's always so hard to say goodbye to a long time family pet. My mother had a Singer sewing machine that looked a lot like yours and that's what I learned to sew on. -Jenn
...life is about putting one foot in front of the other.
New needle, good quality new thread (not ‘vintage’) and same thread top and bobbin. Sometimes it’s as simple as that.
Anna.
Oh man. Putting down an old family pet is heart breaking!
My granddaughter bought a little sewing machine for herself but is not able to sort out the te signing. I meant to bring that back with me so that I could sit down with an experienced sewer and be taught a thing or two.
I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter's cat. They shared many lovely years together and that makes the loss very hard.
Your refurbished stove will be great to have. Your pottery production will increase all the more.
Regarding the sewing machine problem, ask ChatGPT for advice. I am finding it quite useful.
I have checked Youtube which has been useful and the Singer website.
I don't use AI
Post a Comment