Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Kiln revival

 This morning my joiner friend brought roof and wall insulation for the inside of my studio ..an special waterproof stuff to wrap it!!

This afternoon I worked from a 2011 photo of the kiln to work out how I did it then.....

Then on getting shelves in found that I'm short on shelves and props....four moves in the past 14+ years could mean that the small props and connectors have gone AWOL....




and things went bzzzz


and then it rained....


9 comments:

Susan Heather said...

From someone who knows nothing about these things the Kiln looks great.

Granny Sue said...

Getting close! Love the buzz photo

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The kiln is coming along nicely! Love that fat bumblebee in the sunflower!

smartcat said...

Wonderful to see the kiln and pottery being brought back to life. I think I originally found you through some pottery site.

Susan said...

Your kiln build is progressing well. How many building blocks are involved in building a kiln. Is it made of cement?
Sunflowers are cheerful lovely flowers.

Steve Reed said...

Are the missing kiln props and shelves hard to source? Are they expensive?

gz said...

I've found a pottery that has closed and is selling everything...and yes, they can be expensive, much of which would be the carriage

gz said...

cement would explode!!
The white bricks are what is called HTI bricks..high temperature insulation. Mainly made from Kaolin (china clay) with additions.

Tigger's Mum said...

Impressive kiln building there. One of your sunflowers?