town hall spire
new plaza and exhibition building where Woolworths used to be
going up to the original Auld Brig
the "new" brig....about 200 years old!
Ayr...on the way to French conversation group in the Carnegie Library.
I wish that it was every week instead of fortnightly.
just before 10pm this evening. It is still a little light half an hour later.
Pirate would have been 87 today.
It isn't easy without him, but his memory is strong and I can imagine what he'd be saying about what I'm getting on with!!











10 comments:
Birthdays of departed are always hard. You definitely get a lot done. He would be proud of you.
I'm going to an afternoon art workshop today on "linogravure" that will be all in French. I hope I can follow along well enough to benefit from the instruction. We'll see!
that sounds fun!
The sunset ... wow ... yeah.
A hug for you.
Enjoy the weekend... I’m going to work on my fabrics :-))) and I’m looking forward to it.
Still light so late, just amazes me.
We remember the birthdays.
Living without our lived ones means we have to develop a new kind of normal - not easier after a while, just different. We do remember the birthdays. I chose not to remember the death days.
Yes, the workshop was a blast! I understood probably 70% of what was said and managed to get by when conversing myself. I'm pleased with my linocut print and will be posting it on my blog in due course, probably early August. I've already got posts scheduled until then.
agreed. Although two I do remember. My father's..and Pirate was a support then as a friend..exactly 5 months before his sister died. Pirate's...he died on his hero , Raymond Poulidor's birthdate.
One of the things I really liked a lot was the way the UK juxtaposes new buildings right along with the old. Here, in many places, new buildings have to be built to look old and 'fit'. I like getting the sense of the passage of time. Timelessness holds no attraction for me.
Post a Comment