Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Rain

 All last night it rained (I woke every so often..as usual..) and through the day we have been having fairly long steady showers. Nothing  heavy, thankfully.

The garden has heaved a sigh of relief....and the water butts have been refilled just a little.

This morning was the time for the weekly Scottish Potters' Association webchat. 

Four of us having a good blether!

After lunch I just happened to browse  fb marketplace..on the offchance....a pottery in the Highlands has closed and is selling everything.  Unfortunately I've missed the glaze materials....but there are kiln props and shelves. 

Road trip tomorrow !!

9 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Great news about the kiln props and shelves.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Jackpot! Just when you needed those items!

Susan said...

Fantastic. Buying used shelves and props will save you some money. Enjoy your road trip tomorrow.

Debby said...

Ignore that previous comment. Are you taking us along? Dibs on the front seat!

Bovey Belle said...

Enjoy your road trip. Great about the kiln props and shelves though.

angela said...

A road trip and bargains. That sounds perfect to me

Steve Reed said...

Wow, I'm jealous. We're getting nothing.

kjsutcliffe said...

slow rain is good - soaks in
Good luck with getting goodies from the pottery :)

Tigger's Mum said...

Well done getting the kiln parts - that timing is what we might call 'support of nature' - the world providing what you need when you need it. Enjoy your road trip.